Amelia started her first of four summer camps this week - "Let's Go Camping!" at Binkley Preschool. She's signed up for two camps at Binkley and two at Triangle Youth Ballet. Swim lessons might even get squeezed in somewhere before our annual August California trip. Yikes, she's busy! This week's camp forgot to tell me a few key things... like Amelia should bring undies to put on after swimming (she wears her swimsuit to camp - who knew she'd change out of it). What kind of mother forgets undies?!
I also missed that the kids should have a bag they can carry for their two towels, lunch, and said undies.
Oh, she had a bag - a very
cute light-blue LL Bean bag that we got when she was born. It has the mini-license plate with her name on it that Grandpa and Uncle Jon got her in Vail. The big problem... she can't carry it."Too heavy!" I learned that in the Tuesday afternoon pick-up line. I can't tell you how many different camp people told me that Amelia needs a new bag... "one that she can carry, please."
Well, I got the hint! We immediately rushed out to get a new camp backpack. Doesn't Amelia already have a backpack, you ask? Yes! She has many... her travel Nemo, a purple Nike, one with an elephant on it from GG, and a ballerina backpack from Grandma. Unfortunately, none of these could fit the two towels, lunch, and undies she's to bring with her each day.Here comes our turtle!
The new pack is so big, Amelia could fit in it. It's wider than she is and almost as tall. How she carries it is a mystery. We're pretty sure it won't properly fit her until High School! None-the-less, all of the counselors were very excited when they saw Amelia this morning with her new heart backpack. Crisis averted!
Next week's camp... "Cinderella" at Triangle Youth Ballet. I'll be sure to ask what she needs prior to Monday's start. I'm pretty sure undies will be a must!


No comments:
Post a Comment