900am - On the way to the dance studio, Amelia said "Mom, I don't want to go to ballet camp. I want to stay home and play with my toys." I asked her to give it a try and we continued on.
Jump to noon... I arrive to pick up Amelia and upon seeing me she shouts "GO AWAY! I want to stay. I don't want to go home!" Clearly, she was having a good time. Who wouldn't prancing around in pink leotards, princess costumes, hula-hoops, and ribbons?!Stay tuned for an unbiased* review of her first dance performance this Friday. "Cinderella" is the ballet and as of today, Amelia says her role is one of the "evil stepsisters." I hope it's not close-casting!
(*Who am I kidding - "unbiased" - the girl could be the most uncoordinated, totally lacking in grace and dance ability, and I'd still think she was the best in the class! Such is love.)


No comments:
Post a Comment