Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Two small steps...

We had our fourth ice skating lesson today. By "we" I really mean Amelia, but, Noah and I are along for the ride as well. Today's lesson was filled with some highs and lows. The lows included Amelia twice leaving the ice in tears, begging to go home. Taking a page from my wise brother Jon, I reminded Amelia that "Brinson's aren't quitters." Can't say she was immediately convinced, but, eventually, she did get back on the ice.

The highs included Amelia finally learning how to stand up on the ice... all by herself. I won't publicly admit that she's the last one in her class to accomplish this skill. She also skated! Don't be fooled... what looks like simple "walking" is really "skating" to the untrained eye. (It's safe for you to also assume that she's the last one in her class to "skate." Thankfully, she's not the only one to cry.)

While Amelia was taking her first steps on ice, our sweet Noah was taking first steps of his own. He's on the verge of soloing and gave us a glimpse of his new skills at the rink this afternoon. (Way to go mom for remembering the camera!) Check out our boy... WALKING...








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO BABES!!!

Now only if Noah would give a thumbs up and Amelia didn't have that pesky glove.

Thanks for sharing.

Alicia said...

VERY cute videos! Tell Amelia that I am certain she skates better than me. GO Brinson babies! :)

Gina said...

Hooray Noah!! (and Amelia! - I still don't know how to skate!) He is going to be running next week!
So much fun :) We can't wait to see him walking HERE soon!