This post should be all about Amelia and her "light-bulb" moment on the ice today. She's a skater now! From the moment she stepped on the ice, she was a different girl... she could skate. I could hardly contain my smile. The girl I've been watching lay on the ice, scoot on her bum, and cry when she fell for the past few weeks had an ah-ha! moment. It all connected for her today. She could get up easily when she fell, she could glide on the ice, and she moved with a confidence she's not had before. And she was fast! Holy cow... fearless.
But alas, I don't have any good photos of her and only one video that doesn't come close to showing off her new skill. Why? Because I spent the hour she was on the ice chasing Noah who's become a walking fool! It's been one week since his ah-ha! moment at the rink - connecting multiple steps. Today he set a new personal best and walked about 15 feet. The boy couldn't be stopped! I was worn out just trying to keep up with him.
Sorry Amelia... next class will be all about you... as it should be!




1 comment:
(Chuckle, chuckle)
Love the Kemp-emotion kicking on in the background to the video.
:)
Post a Comment