I love text messaging. I know, I'm a dork and texting is such a high school communication medium. So during the game, here is a quick sample of the texts I received while watching my beloved Heels fall to the Kansas Jayhawks, a game that Kansas fans have dubbed, The Revenge Game.Game Situation
"Message"
Text Sender
Danny Green commits his fourth turnover in 4 minutes
"Is Danny Green being paid to throw this game?"
B.S. (UNC Fan)
Another Danny Green turnover
"Did Danny Green undergo a hand transplant last night?"
J.S. (UNC Fan)
Kansas goes up 17 on UNC in 1st half
"Kansas looks like the '90 UNLV team."
(editors note: UNLV beat Duke in '90 by 30, considered one of the best college teams of all time)
M.M. (UNC Fan)
Kansas goes up 23 on UNC in 1st half
"Kansas looks like the San Antonio Spurs."
(editor's note: San Antonio won the NBA championship last season)
M.M. (UNC Fan)
Kansas goes up 28 on UNC in 1st half
"Kansas looks like the '96 Chicago Bulls.
(editor's note: the 1996 Chicago Bulls are arguably the best NBA team of all time)
M.M. (UNC Fan)
On Kansas beating UNC like a drum in the 1st half
"Painful."
J.S. (UNC Fan)
UNC goes 4 of 22 shooting in the first 12 minutes of the game
"Is this the UNC Tar Heels or the East Chapel Hill Tigers?"
B.S. (UNC Fan)
The most random text of the night -
"Do you have a beard?" At the time, this struck me as extremely funny.
K.W. (UNC Fan)
Game over
"Well, that stunk."
E.P. (UCLA fan)
I received 34 texts last night.
Despite the end of the season, I'm proud of my Heels. They were in a huge hole last night and almost dug themselves out. Carolina fans should celebrate this season. Most wins in school history, an ACC regular season championship, an ACC tournament championship, and a trip to the Final Four - what a great year.
I'll keep you all posted for tomorrow's championship game, it should be fun.
And go Memphis! Sorry - I guess I'm a little bitter.


1 comment:
I'm with you: Go Tigers! (I've always despised Kansas.)
xoxox,
JBD
Post a Comment