This weekend I'm lucky enough to combine work and one of my favorite events, the NCAA Final Four. .
One of my assignments for work is to manage the NCAA tournament for CBS. This task requires training and staffing 16 co-workers at 13 different arenas over a four week period. The Final Four is the last weekend of this ordeal, and my favorite sporting event. To top it off, the North Carolina Tar Heels, my alma mater, will be playing.
.

I've been involved with the NCAA tournament for nine years, and not once have I had the Tar Heels at my site. Each year we are required to book our travel prior to the NCAA releasing the brackets. For those of you that don't know, the brackets determine where each team plays. Every year I've been involved with the tournament I've tried to predict where the Tar Heels will be and schedule myself at that site. In 2006 it was Greensboro, but, alas, the Tennessee Volunteers were sent there and the Tar Heels were sent to Dayton, OH. In 2001 I was at the regional weekend in Atlanta, hoping to see the Heels. Unfortunately UNC was knocked off early by Penn State. One year I hoped to have them in Washington, D.C., but the Heels were upset by the Cinderella George Mason team that went on to the Final Four.
.
This year we had Noah, and I thought maybe staying at home during the tournament would be the best idea. But Julianna insisted..."You have to go to the Final Four, the Heels are going to be there." I just poo-pooed her and said, "Honey, it's a long road and there's no guarantee that the Heels will win their bracket." I relented, deciding to take a chance and schedule myself for the Final Four. We'll here I am in San Antonio, and so are the Tar Heels..

Julianna and the kids are spending the weekend in Salisbury with my folks. Thanks, Mom and Dad for taking them in, and thank you, Julianna, for convincing me to go to the Final Four.
.
Hopefully the Heels will keep the momentum going...win tonight, and we'll see you on Monday night.


1 comment:
We've just become Memphis fans... STOMP Kansas!
Post a Comment