Today, Amelia's class put on a performance of nursery rhymes. What a treat! They've been learning them over the past few weeks and I'm so impressed. I can't believe how many Amelia has memorized.She's been a practicing fool... in her room, at dinner, in the bathtub, while playing with her horse farm, in the car, while dancing... she hasn't stopped singing since they started this lesson in class. She does it almost subconsciously.
Amelia was in her element this morning. From the moment the kids walked into the classroom ("HI MOM! HI DAD!") until the final bow (big wave to the crowd), Amelia didn't let up. Loved her confidence... but, what does this mean when she's thirteen? Watch out!
She's clearly not afraid of an audience, as evident in the last video - "Finale!" I'm not sure if she's just dancing or trying out for an air-guitar competition. The girl has got some moves.After the performance a classmate's mom came up to me -- "She's such a ham!" There's no hiding I'm Amelia's mother. I have to admit, I love it... I'm so proud of my girl.
(Double-click slideshow for bigger images)


No comments:
Post a Comment