Monday, July 07, 2008

Back to ballet camp

Oh, how I love summer camp! That used to mean that I loved going to summer camp. Now it means that I love dropping my child off at summer camp.

Thankfully, Amelia loves it.
Maybe too much.

I wish I had a picture - or better yet, a video - of picking her up this afternoon... complete meltdown. All it took was one tiny peek at Mom and Amelia began sobbing "I don't want to leave. GO AWAY! I don't want to go home!" It's a good thing I was wearing my mother-tough-skin today or I might be a bit heartbroken over that statement.

I'm used to Amelia crying when I come to get her from an activity. This is nothing new. She has a hard time ending the fun. But today's outburst set a new record on the Amelia-tear-o-meter. I even came prepared with a "treat" offering (SweetTarts)... "NO Mom! I don't want a treat! I want to stay!"

Wish me luck tomorrow!



No comments: