Julianna and I have a wacky nine-year tradition. Every October, since we started dating, we’ve gone to the NC State Fair. It’s a big hit every time – pig races, livestock competitions, 4-H exhibits, kids’ art, people watching, and fair food. I’d be lying if I didn’t mention that we tend to eat our way through the fair… fried Twinkies, corn dogs, gyros, root-beer floats, apple fritters… and that’s all just for me!
Last year, Amelia got her first taste of this tacky wonderland. She wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. But, this year solidified it – the fair is really cool! Between the pony ride, petting zoo, carnival rides, cows, and her first taste of fried-dough, Amelia can’t wait to go back next year.
This year it’s hard to pick a fair highlight - the pony ride or GG joining us for the festivities. Going with GG was a real treat, but the pony ride may win by a hair. For Amelia it was love at first sight with “Torch.” When our turn was over and Julianna lifted Amelia off of Torch, .

the screaming and crying began. In between tears, Amelia kept saying “up, up, up, UP!” Let me translate – to her that means: “put me back RIGHT now, I want to go again… I LOVE my pony!”
If you can believe it, Amelia took her first solo fair ride. She loved it, but I’m not sure Julianna was ready. Thinking she could ride with Amelia, JK had to be pulled away by the operator. He kept pointing to the height limit sign, clearly indicating that JK was way too tall to ride. It was perplexing, on the one hand Julianna was thrilled to be considered “tall”, on the other hand, she wasn’t sure Amelia should go by herself. It all turned out well and Amelia had a big smile on her face when the ride came to a stop.
All in all the day was a cornucopia of fair-tastic fun! Thanks for coming with us GG - let's do it again next year!.
.
.
.
.
.
For a few more photos of our trip to the fair, click the photo below...
(when you get to the album, click on "slideshow" for easy viewing)
.
Check out a couple more fair videos.



No comments:
Post a Comment