Amelia got a kick out of pushing her teddy bear "Savannah" in her new stroller from GG. (Savannah is named after the city where Sam and Jo Brinson live - Amelia's Great-Great Aunt and Uncle. They gave the teddy to Amelia at Granny & Poppy's 60th anniversary party a couple weeks ago.)

Lee and I chose a rather unique mode of transportation. SportsMEDIA has just acquired a Segway and will let you ride it after you watch a video on the basics and sign a waiver promising not to sue should you wipe out. Confident I could stay upright (I've "surfed" in Hawaii for goodness sake!) I hopped on and took a spin - literally. Check out my first ride...
One guy at our office lost control when he missed a turn and ended up ramming the Segway into a large pile of dirt. He was rumored to have been overheard telling the next rider to "eat my dirt!"Lee has ridden it several times and qualifies to use the "red" key. I'm only at the "black" key level, which thankfully restricts your top speed. Whereas I stayed strictly on the smooth walkway, Lee throws caution to the wind and goes off-roading...


2 comments:
Lee it helps to buckle the helmet, come on you know this.
Who is going to be the first to try and get the Segway over the the parking curb?
Amelia! You can't just leave your baby and go play in the dirt.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/a-few-segways-go-haywire-all-are-recalled-200633.php
Post a Comment